This series has addressed essential truth. Our mission is to grasp what we must know? What is it that Yahweh is communicating to us in such simple yet profound terms? Knowledge of His name is not only essential, today we will add the element of eternity. Think you already have that down or that it’s too obvious? Think again!
Mission: An Eternal Perspective
I want to take you to a place you might not suspect to gain an eternal perspective. And so you know, our next series post will turn to some very practical, day-to-day applications of the knowledge we are gaining! Now, notice what the prophet Zechariah wrote:
On that day Yahweh will become King over all the earth — Yahweh alone, and His name alone.
This last chapter of Zechariah contains many things to discuss and points to ponder. Our focus is this one statement. What do you see? The name God revealed to Moses, Yahweh, will become King over the entire earth. From later Scriptures we can connect this to the 1,000 year reign of Christ. But also notice the next phrase:
…Yahweh alone, and His name alone.
Time and human history is moving from a point in which the name Yahweh is revealed to Man. Simple revelation is not sufficient. A time is coming when His name is the eternal focus. Why? A brief list of some things contained in His name will guide us:
- Power – Zechariah 14:4 – He will split the mountain
- Light – Zechariah 14:6 & 7 – God Himself is the Light of Heaven
- Life – Zechariah 14:8 – Living Water flows from the His throne (also John 8:12)
- Knowledge – Zechariah 14:7 – A day known only to Yahweh
- Safety – Zechariah 14:11 – The people will live safely. Proverbs already tells us the name of the Lord is a strong tower – the righteous run into it and they are saved.
These, and many others, are reasons enough to pursue knowledge of His name. His name contains all we will ever need – including eternity! Knowing the implications of His name should be mission. It will be the mission of the remainder of this series!
Soli Deo Gloria!
Posts in this Series