I know, prayer is not as simple as my title. Or is it? In some ways it is. Yet the simplicity God shows us is sometimes challenging. So why bring it up?
Prayer: A Necessity
You have not because you ask not.
Our part of that is profoundly. At the same time, it can be extremely difficult. The reason is admitting our own inadequacies and/or inabilities regarding our needs. When we ask our Father, we do several things all at once:
- Admit we can’t meet the need ourselves
- Acknowledge Him as the Source of every good and perfect gift
- Place ourselves in subjection to His perfect choices to meet out needs
- Recognize His answer may not be the one we’re looking for
And that’s not a complete list! Again, you are probably wondering about my point.
Prayer: Current Concerns
The things we ask of our Father change rapidly. There are probably some ‘constants’ in our prayers like family, thanksgiving, and provision. But even those subjects vary depending on the day, our time of life, and other factors.
My point is ministry concerns. A Prayer Circle around each of the following items is very needed. Could I ask you to look over what follows and just pick one to add to your prayer time? And here’s a second request: Would you mind taking a second to drop me a note and let me know which item you are praying for? That would be a blessing!
- Orphanage in Barahona – We have a small team headed there at the end of the month. We are still in need of construction materials and a portion of the Director’s annual salary. Please pray.
- Summer – You may not think of summer as a challenge. If you were to ask your pastor or the head of your church’s finance team, you’d probably learn they see summer a little differently than other folks. Summer is what it is and everyone ought to go and do the things they do. But it’s no secret many let their giving slip as other activities take their attention. Please pray for the $ side of this ministry over the next four months.
- Mission Opportunities – The Barahona team has been mentioned. We have another group headed to Samana the first of July. Please pray for this team’s preparation and ministry as well.
- Personal – Everyone faces a challenging world. Our world is increasingly at odds with Biblical teaching and practice. I know you know that. But this concern is personal and parental. One of ours is making a move to pursue further opportunities in performing arts. And while trying may be necessary, you know a parent’s concerns don’t go away just because they are grown.